BCM 8" QRF-8 Quad Rail Free Float Handguard
Featuring the same industry leading barrel nut and lock up design as originally introduced on Bravo Company Manufacturing's evolutionary KMR handguard, the QRF Series of handguards gives the shooter modularity in the picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) platform. Includes T, L, R, and B recoil slot markings on all four rails to aid in repeatable set up for the end user.
This proprietary patented mounting system (US Patent 8904691), includes a mechanical index to the 12:00 rail and positions mounting hardware to mitigate the movement caused by heat generated by the weapon system.
- Free Float Quad Rail eliminates loads from barrel, reducing the deflection for more accurate shooting.
- Precision Machined Aerospace 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy, for high strength and lightweight.
- Proprietary engineered profile offers additional cross sectional strength.
- Includes 4 QD Sing Swivel Sockets, (limited rotation)
- Steel Barrel Nut (same KMR, MMR, and QRF series), to resist movement under heat.
- Hard Coat Anodized per Mil-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
- Handguard alone weighs 7.5 oz
- Handguard mounting hardware 2.3 oz
- 1.3” Inside Diameter
- 2.12" Wide
Designed to be used with carbine (or shorter) gas systems with a low profile gas block.
The barrel nut will fit over all mil-spec diameter barrels (max of 1")